We Rate Stuff

7.30.2008

The Sartorialist

Now normally I'm not very big on fashion - a pair of Dickies shorts and a T-Shirt suit me quite well - but The Sartorialist blog has proven to be a surprisingly neat time-killer. The Sartorialist (in case you were wondering, like I was, sartorial means 'of or relating to a tailor or tailored clothes') is a man who wanders around Europe snappin' fancy pics of people in unique clothing.

When you get there, you may feel a smidge underwhelmed; it's basically pictures on a white background. Only certain posts contain text, so it's not exactly reading material, either. However, I've gotta admit that this man does have a decent eye for this kinda stuff. The pictures are enough to keep you there with a blank background and sparse dialogue. They display what he finds interesting about the people he passes; The Sartorialist noted one man wears a double-breasted suit in a much more casual casual way than normal; there's a picture of a man wearing a skirt, as well as The Sartorialist's pondering about men in skirts; there's a whole post dedicated to pictures of people wearing purple moccasins, and they can pull them off!

If nothing else, The Sartorialist is good for wasting some time looking at pictures of cool-looking clothes and the people that fill them out. If you're interested in fashion, this is definitely a site for you. The amount of fashion sense some of the people in the pictures display is mind-boggling; I can't imagine how somebody could look that good on a daily basis. But indeed, some people just know what works for their bodies. It's also a great blog for us Americans to see what some people dress like in Europe, broadens your cultural horizons, if only that little bit. It's not somewhere I visit daily, but every once in a while The Sartorialist is an interesting little corner of the net to pop in on.

5/7

No comments: