We Rate Stuff

5.20.2008

RAZR

My friend Ben got a RAZR when they were first released. Upon toying with it in the Cingular store, my distaste for this product developed and bloomed. A few years having past, my little plant has grown into a fiery-red bouquet of ... well, I'll spare the dramatics. Simply put: I can't stand this phone. Perhaps it's due to the fact that 96.5% of Homo-Sapiens own one; it might be the offensive colors it comes in; maybe it's the way it reminds me of a "futuristic" 1950s movie prop. Most likely, however, it's the fact that this phone is just awful.


Given that the phone has a few decent characteristics (it's thin...that's all that comes to mind actually), most of the important parts on this phone are quite sub-par. There's a mini-screen on the front of it when it's closed. A nice concept, but I've honestly known people who have had theirs installed upside-down. Well, that could be a factory mistake. Next, there's the hardware. The operating system in every RAZR I've ever used is unexplainably laggy. The keypad is completely flat and one piece, ensuring maximum error probability. There's an unnecessarily large block at the bottom of the phone. The charger outlet is open, knobby, and uncomfortable. But that's all just my opinion. If I had to own a RAZR, though, I'd be much more inclined to use it for something other than making calls.


1/7

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember how awesome I thought this phone was when I first got it, even after blowing $250 on it. Now it's like five bucks and everyone has one.

What a fool I was.