We Rate Stuff

5.20.2008

Nintendo DS

Everyone was so skeptical when news of the Nintendo Dual-Screen thing hit the web. It went on to outsell any system since it was released, and the astounding amount of games released on a weekly basis outnumbers any other system. In Japan, the DS is utilized for so much more than in the U.S., for practical uses like accounting and education. Hell, in Japan they even allow students to design and release official Nintendo DS games.


No matter where you live, I feel that the DS has something to offer you, whether it be Atlus's quirky games, Squeenix's Final Fantasy releases, puzzle-based Professor Layton games, Lawyer-sim Phoenix Wright games (recently trumped for the more patriotic Apollo Justice as main character), the rhythm-based Elite Beat Agents, or the stuck-on-an-island themed Lost in Blue series, the variety is unrivaled. The touch screen is sensitive to the point that it ran away crying while I was playing Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword. I've heard complaints about the way it feels in one's hands, perhaps inducing cramps, however, I've never noticed any problems in that area. Probably just an individual-oriented issue. The point is, the DS is magnificently portable, playable, sleek, and innovative, rendering it a 7 out of 7 in my book.


7/7

No comments: