We Rate Stuff

9.23.2008

Miicharacters.com

Now that Microsoft's pursuing their little 'avatar' endeavor, I've been jonesing. Jonesing for some Mii. I recently read an interview where a Microsoft higher-up was asked why Microsoft's product unveilings are usually more of a reaction to something else somebody has already done than an original announcement. I'm not trying to make a point with that statement or anything. I just thought it was funny and true.

If you have ever messed with the Mii channel on your Wii, you obviously know how fun the Mii editor can be. You can make famous people, make yourself, or make unbelievably retarded looking people. Yes, friends, the Mii channel has no moral bounds, take advantage! Uh, anyway, almost as fun as actually making a wild and crazy Mii is looking at Miis that other people have made. And the best part is you don't even have to have a Wii to do it. All you have to do is shuffle on over to the ever-fantastic Miicharacters.com website, and all your cartoon-y little dreams will come true.

Miicharacters.com serves a variety of purposes. First, it acts as a server on which you can upload your Mii, or any Mii you've made. While this will take a slight bit of technical finesse, it's a cool feature to be accessed, and it's totally free. Second, you can browse the shit out of Miicharacters.com. Some people out there are seriously good at making Miis look like people. Like, anyone. The site makes it incredibly easy for you to browse by offering a sidebar with categories such as Latest, Stars, Movies, TV, Music, Sports, History, Toons, Games, Politics, Miscellaneous, and Mii Artists, and I think that list covers basically everybody. Once a category is clicked, it brings up an enormous list of Miis that fit that category. If you're browsing and you find a Mii that you can't live without, all you have to do is click their link, and you get a complete, detailed list of instructions on exactly how to make said Mii. It couldn't be easier. The home page displays "featured Miis" and selections from a random category. Like for example, I just found an unbelievable Seth Rogen Mii (here if you wanna check it out). Now I can have my favorite stoner right on my very own Wii! I can make him do things I'll never see him do in real life, like play tennis or compete in Olympic games!

Even if you don't have a Wii, just browsing through the different categories is fun and often hilarious. Miicharacters.com Even if you find a character you like, but don't think the Mii looks particularly like him/her, you can click the "find friends" button to show different iterations of the Mii made by different people. They don't have every celebrity from every movie or show ever, so not everyone will be 100% satisfied, but the amount they do have is staggering, and it's only (quickly) growing bigger. So really, when you're looking at/for Miis, there's no alternative to Miicharacters.com.

6/7

No comments: